What is today, something like day 32 or 33, I believe of the government shutdown? Can you see how great it is working for the federal government?
How many of you out there would wait it out?
If it is so bad, how come these people are not looking elsewhere for employment and income?
– Because, the benefits are crazy good.
– The pension plan is crazy good.
– The medical, dental and vision plans are crazy good and incredibly cheap compared to private sector health plans.
– The amount of paid vacation days and paid sick days is off the charts.
– Guaranteed raises every single year, no matter what!
– It’s is incredibly difficult to get fired from federal employment.
– If for some reason your department or office is closed, you automatically jump to the front of the line for other federal employment opportunities.
So, these are a few of the actual reasons why these federal employees are not looking for a job elsewhere. They know they got a free ride. They know that in the private sector, they would actually have to perform.
So meanwhile, they will continue to empty food closets and drain more charity organizations.
These people do not work for the federal government because they are patriotic. They work for the biggest welfare organization in the world, and they know it.